Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Dosa or Dosé or Dosai = IRRESISTIBLE TASTE!!!!

Good day all!!

     I have mentioned about Banana stem juice in my earlier post. To be frank, it is surely not my favorite.  So, this post will be only about my favorite food(All time favorite!!).  Yup!! the first thing that comes to my mind when i think of my favorite food is "DOSAI".


  • Dosa or Dose or Dosai  is a pancake made from rice batter and black lentils.  It is a staple dish in Southern India.
  • While people call it either as Dosa or Dose or Dosai, it is commonly recognized across the globe as "Thosai".
  • It has been believed that Dosai has been a staple food since 6th century A.D.
  • There are over 30 known varieties of Dosas.  It is to be noted that Masala Dosa alone has more than 10 varieties!!!
I have managed to list out some of the popular dosas that i know... sorry if i have missed out any of your favorite dosas.

Open Masala Dosa

Quinoa Dosa

Ghee Roast!!

Spicy chilli-Dosa

Cone Dosa

Rava Dosa

70mm Family Dosa!!

Common Masala-Dosa

Moong Dal Dosa

Onion Dosa

Ragi Dosa

Butter Dosa

Set Dosa

Sweet jaggery Dosa

Wheat Dosa

Green Dosa
Friends, i hope i have tempted you all to taste your favorite dosa now!!  Enjoy the day with your favorite dosa!!   see you all with a different post.., bye for now!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment